Friday, March 01, 2013

Friday Photo: Young and Carefree

On the first two Fridays of each month, I showcase a family photo and answer the “who, what, when, where and why” of that picture. The first week’s Friday photo is taken from my side of the family and the second week’s Friday photo is chosen from my husband’s side of the family. (I got the idea for this column from Amy Coffin’s ebook The Big Genealogy Blog Book advertised on her The We Tree Genealogy Blog.)


Maurice Belair and Jacqueline Desgroseilliers about 1953
Maurice and Jacqueline, about 1953

Who:
My parents, Maurice Belair and Jacqueline Desgroseilliers. Dad was about 26 years old and Mom about 20.

What:
Mom and Dad met in the early 1950s and were going steady by 1953. They’re standing next to Dad’s Pontiac, which I think is a 1950 Silver Streak.

When:
Mom is wearing a lightweight sleeveless cotton dress, so the photo was probably taken in the summer of 1953 or 1954.

Where:
My parents were photographed in Dunnville, a small town in southwestern Ontario near Lake Erie.

Why:
Mom and Dad enjoyed travelling and being outdoors. Once Dad was able to afford cars, he and Mom liked to go out on day trips and outings.

I love this photo, because it shows my parents when they were young, happy and carefree. I see their love for each other and that makes me happy!

Copyright © 2013, Yvonne Demoskoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read This Before Leaving a Comment:

Please make sure your comments are on-topic and blog-focused.